Twice Cooked Pork 回鍋肉
I had some cabbage that need to be used, so I decided to make this simple but tasty dish. This is an quick & easy version without boiling the pork first.
Twice Cooked Pork (for 4 persons)
300 g thinly sliced pork meat
1/2 small cabbage
5 green bell peppers
2 cloves of garlic
2 cm ginger
2 dried chili peppers
1 tsb Chinese chicken stock powder
2 tbs tianmianjiang paste (or miso paste)
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs sake
2 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs sugar
2 tsb doubanjiang-bean paste
1) Mix the spices to make even paste.
2) Peel & mince garlic and ginger. Take the seeds from chili peppers and slice them thinly.
3) Cut the cabbage in chunks, halve green peppers and take the seeds out. Cut vertically in half. Slice leek in slanted slices.
4) Cut the meat bite-sized and add 3 tbs of wheat flour. Add some black pepper to taste and mix until the meat is covered with flour.
5) Put 2 tbs of sesame oil in a frying pan and add ginger, garlic and chili peppers. Fry lightly so that spices give out nice aroma.
6) Turn the heat to strong, add meat and fry well while mixing the whole time. When the meat is completely fried, move to a plate.
7) Add 1 1/2 tbs of sesame oil to the frying pan, put on strong heat and add the vegetables. Fry around 1 min, then add the meat and the spice paste made in the first step. Fry with strong heat, mixing well. When the paste has mixed with all the ingredients, it is ready.